Recruiting for the Summer 2008 season!!
Working with the Award Winning Serviceline company, providing Tennis to guests of all levels in private and group lessons.
Main Purpose of the job
Teaching group and individual lessons in accordance with the standards as set by Serviceline. Maintenance of tennis equipment and presentation of courts.
LTA qualification or equivalent (ie PTR) essential, plus coaching experience.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
As well as performing group and individual lessons, depending on how busy the programme is you will have to:
- Perform social evenings
- Attend department meeting and general staff meeting
- Umpire weekly finals
- Carry out office duties
- Run a kids taster session (weekly)
- Open up and close down the tennis centre
- Record details of any on court accidents
- Attend weekly drill sessions
- Set up (with Tennis Manager) meeting for guests on arrival
- Assist with the care and maintenance of all tennis equipment
- Assist with start up at the begining of the season and pack up at the end of season
- Maitre d’i duties within the restuarant some evenings
- Assist with airport transfers and general guest queries
Coaches need to be extremely well organised and know the workings of the tennis centre inside out. You will also need to be fully aware of:
- Meeting times / kids club times in order to effectively coordinate lessons
- Kids tennis slots
- Raquet hire and ball machine hire
- All prices of courses
- Systems and proceedures of when and how to book on to all courses or private lessons
- Systems for court bookings
- Tournament draws and scheduling
- Each week of the season a coach will become a Tournament Director. This consists of organising the draws, chasing people to play matches, scratching people if need be, and ensuring that the tournament runs smoothly all week
- Presenting awards with the Tennis Manager / Head Pro at tennis presentations
This job description is purely intended to give you an idea of what your work involves and is not intended as a precise breakdown of your duties.
Please note a Disclosure will be requested upon offer of a position.