Recruiting for the Summer 2008 season!!
Working with the Award Winning Serviceline company, providing Tennis to guests of all levels in private and group lessons.
Main Purpose of the Job
To manage and be responsible for all tennis instructors. Responsible for all tennis coaching, maintenance of tennis equipment and presentation of tennis centre and surrounding areas. Organising tennis programme and competitions.
LTA qualification or equivalent (ie PTR) is essential, together with considerable coaching experience at all levels. Strong organisational and management abilities.
- To devise a plan of action in order to set up and prepare the tennis centre for business, during the start up period
- Ensuring that Serviceline standards for tennis instruction are being adhered to by all instructors, and that all levels of player are catered for appropriately
- To implement a coach training session (weekly in large resorts)
- Achieving targets as set by Serviceline Management
- Organising in conjunction with other managers, transfers to and from the airport that include members of the tennis team
- To act as evening Duty Manager, on a weekly basis
Your Duties Include
- Overseeing the care and maintenance of the tennis area to ensure the safety of guests whilst on court, plus the maintenance of all equipment provided by Serviceline. Maintain up to date stock level sheet
- Setting up of an efficient system for court booking (social play) in conjunction with the customer services manager
- Planning of group and individual lessons and the receiving of sales
- Marketing the tennis programme within the resort, and conducting a weekly tennis meeting for guests
- To supervise the weekly tournaments
- When required, teaching groups and individual lessons in accordance with the standards set by Serviceline
- To hold a role of presence in and around the tennis area and resort
- To host a weekly tennis dinner
- To be the central figurehead and representative of tennis in the resort
- To delegate, when necessary, when other managerial situations arise
- To host the tennis presentation evening for tournament and lesson progression
- Organise and plan the transfer of guest luggage onto the coaches
- Completion of any correspondence requested by Serviceline. This includes all figures, news and targets
- To compile an end of season report for both Mark Warner and Serviceline
- Conducting regular departmental meetings and attending a weekly general staff meeting
- To be involved in evening entertainments, as required
This job description is purely intended to give you an idea of what your work involves and is not intended as a precise breakdown of your duties.
Please note a Disclosure will be requested upon offer of a position.